The Queen of Spades
“The passion for playing is the strongest of passions” A.S. Pushkin
- Based on the work of A. S. Pushkin
- Dramaturgy: Veselka Kuncheva and Inna Bozhidarova
- Director: Veselka Kuncheva
- Stage Design: Marieta Golomehova
- Assistant stage-designer: Eduardo Planas Abarca
- Cast: Polina Hristova, Eva Danailova, Nataliya Vasileva, Mihaela Andonova, Maria Dimitrova, Plamen Dimov, Velizar Evtimov, Jivko Juranov, Aleksander Karamanov
- Photo: Ivan Donchev / Guergana Damianova
- Stage and costume design attelier: Gergana Stamatova, Elitza Marinova, Elina Ivanova-Mincheva, Angelina Rizova-Yanakieva, Vessko Garkov, Gergana Mantarlieva, Nikola Bozadzhiev
The card game or the game of fortune. The game we dream of winning and thus achieve happiness, love, fulfilment, power. The game which whirls the desires within us. This is the theme explored by the team in the performance. The desires which slowly swell, obsess us, obey us and finally swirl us up into their power to spit us out - crooked and monstrous semi human. Or the desires suppressed, hidden, and concealed by fear or insecurity, which let us rehash the grey routine of our everyday existence while expecting the mystical salvation. What becomes of a man crucified between the forces of the darkness and the light?
“Queen of Spades” is a performance for the salvation and the curse, the tearing passion and the false humility.
- DURATION - 70 minutes
- RECOMMENDED AGE - + 14 years
- PREMIERE - 2 September 2016
- The performance has been created with the financial support of MONBAT LTD and Plovdiv Municipality